Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Team Member

Hello. As a new member of this blogging community I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. My Name is Amy Willimas and I have recently become the Assistant Manager for the Autism Society Bookstore. Before this I studied speech pathology at the University of Missouri and worked one on one with children on the autism spectrum. I also worked for a non-profit as a professional foster parent, and most recently studied art and design.
I had an art professor who like to tell us that as artists we do not necessarily create, but we are simply creative problem solvers. Each individual on the autism spectrum is entirely unique with a unique set of needs and talents. I am excited to put my own creative problem solving skills to use in helping each individual find the methods and resources best suited for the situation.

No comments: