Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Member of Staff

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to the online autism bookstore community. My name is Melanie Borgen and I am the newest staff member of the Autism Society of North Carolina Bookstore. Let me tell you about myself, I received my Bachelors of Arts degree at the University of Connecticut in English, with a concentration in creative writing, in 2003. I also had the fortune to work with adults with disabilities for two summers as a camp counselor in Connecticut, while still in college.
Since then I've worked at two non-profits. I am continually inspired by the mission of non-profits like the Autism Society of North Carolina. I am excited to become an active participant in getting information about autism to the public. I hope that we can take this journey together and learn from each other along the way. If you would like to contact me please e-mail me at madams-borgen@autismsociety-nc.org

No comments: